Equipping new teachers to succeed
Too often, prospective teachers’ training is disconnected from the realities of K-12 classrooms. When teachers don’t receive effective preparation for the classroom, student learning suffers.
Teachers need ongoing training and high-quality resources that prepare them to help students from their first day on the job.
That’s why we’ve invested in the creation of Teacher Preparation Transformation Centers that bring together higher education institutions, teacher preparation providers, and K-12 school systems to share data, knowledge, and practices. These programs:
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Build teacher competency through practice
- Are informed by K-12 districts and schools and the communities they serve
- Ensure their teacher educators are effective
- Enable conditions that both compel and build demand for change